Samuel Rhodes have worked closely with ThinkForward since 2016, initially as part of their research project and then as part of their pilot MoveForward Programme in 2017. The research they conducted identified a gap in provision to support young people with moderate learning disabilities in their transition from education into employment.
At Samuel Rhodes our coach is Nana Marfo and he is currently supporting 15 pupils who are still at school and is still supporting 20 who have left Samuel Rhodes. Nana works across Islington and has a case load of 45+ young people
Through MoveForward 30 adults have been supported into full time work.
- Nana highly trained and work full time to deliver a personalised programme of support including 1-2-1 coaching, group workshops, workplace exposures, supported work experience placements and parental engagement.
- Young People are assessed and tracked at regular intervals against a Work Readiness Capabilities scale to ensure support is needs led and to demonstrate distance travelled.
- Engagement and assessment with families is a key component of the programme design to raise parental aspiration.
- The team includes a Business Partnerships Manager to broker workplace opportunities for young people and supported employment pathways.
- MoveForward partners with DFN-Project SEARCH and other supported internship providers in each region to support smoother transitions to those programmes and ultimately to achieve better job outcomes.
- The programme coordinates all the key players in the eco-system surrounding the young person to achieve positive employment and life outcomes, i.e. education providers, parents, service providers, employers and local authorities.