Welcome to the SRS Outreach page.
We are a team of SEN teachers with a vast experience of practical SEN teaching and a profound commitment to inclusive practice. We provide free support to all Islington schools on a referral basis.
SRS Outreach team
Jane Palmer Caroline Needham
Head of SRS Outreach Outreach Teacher
Our focus is to support educational professionals develop their universal offer and thereby improve pupil outcomes. Our focus is cognition and learning. We believe all pupils have the right to learn and meet their potential. We build capacity in schools by modelling best practice and helping schools include all children. Our approach is success based and we firmly believe that understanding learning needs helps pupils achieve their next steps, builds self-esteem and promotes effective Inclusion.
- From point of entry to KS4
- Students who have a formal diagnosis and an EHCP
- Any student or group of students working significantly below ARE
- Teachers, including ECTs, who want to focus on a specific area of SEN teaching and learning
- Groups of support staff
What we can Help With:
- Assessment and target setting
- Planning an adapted curriculum
- Scaffolding and environmental adaptations
- Individualised teaching strategies
- Accessing the language / vocabulary of the curriculum
- Use of visual / concrete aids
- Delivery of interventions
- We attend TAS, TACs and Annual Reviews