At Samuel Rhodes we aim to:
- Prioritise pupils’ emotional and social competency development in order that they access life-long learning.
- Ensure the curriculum is purposeful, engaging, current and relevant to the pupils’ needs.
- Provide a total-communication approach.
- Promote key skills needed to develop increasing independence and self-advocacy in order to access the wider community.
- Provide aspirational exposure to the workplace and provide the support and opportunities necessary to transition into the World of Work.
- Provide an ambitious cross-curricular reading offer.
- Develop pupil skills to stay safe and lead healthy life styles.
- Champion diversity, inclusion and acceptance.
At Samuel Rhodes pupils follow the national curriculum that has been carefully adapted for the wide range of needs within our cohort and there are three specific pathways in all key stages to ensure the pupils' learning trajectories are ambitious and at a pace that matches their developmental stage.
See full details in our Curriculum Policy.